Thursday, March 31, 2005

Backlash?

Driving home I heard Bill Handel on KFI continue to celebrate the killing of Terri Schiavo as "not a killing", a great thing for America, and urging us to not only submit to laws that would declare human beings as less than human, but embrace eugenics in our own hearts.

Now that Terri has died, my contempt for such neoNazis is not muted by any sorrow at all. I wonder how many other citizens feel the same anger, and whether the pro-death wonks will catch on before they sink themselves.

Captain Ed wants to see Judge Birch impeached. Not me, that would guarantee him a trial. I'd just as soon Congress demonstrate its total control over the jurisdiction of all federal courts but the Supreme Court, by dissolving the 11th Circuit outright, and rebuilding a new district with new judges. They could enact that with a voice vote.

No comments: