Wednesday, November 16, 2005

What's with the Psuedonym?

As I return to regularly available internet access, it might be a good time to explain why a 31-year-old man hides behind The Yell.

About ten years ago when I first got email, I took great joy in finding an AOL screenname that did not require any ordinal number tacked on behind it (e.g. "Stan1232"). For the next decade, TheYell has been my online identity.

When I first opened this blog I did have my legal name on the screen; but after moving back into the same town as The Yell Sr., he requested that I post anonymously as he did not want hordes of angry liberals descending on his homestead searching for me.

I'm still in Riverside, and once he or I move beyond its limits I'll go back to posting under my real name. Until then, like the Lone Ranger, I wear the mask.

No comments: