Sunday, January 01, 2006

Dawn of a New Year

January already?

Seems like a time to relax and take things easy, perhaps because I'm scheduled to relax and take things easy. Or maybe the pace of things is slower these days.

The Left is busy chasing its tail with startling exposes on how Bush is actually messing with Al Qaeda's Friends & Family membership. Or how he decides those things without calling on half of Washington first. Or how clues get shared with antiterrorist agencies instead of being lost in the circular file. Oh, how could he?

In true form, the pundits view Bush's immediate poll numbers as just a passing fluke. The real indicators were two weeks in December where he was really low. Why exactly anybody should follow weekly polls if that's true, nobody will say. I'll have more on that later.

Zarqawi seems stuck between Boris & Natasha bomb plots. The "Bomb Muslims 2005" campaign didn't rally the Muslim street behind him, and he's got people looking into the demographics of that, as he prepares the next master strike.

Other than that, there's not much in the current events to grab my interest. The "Worst Americans" list sparked a fire but I got bogged down trying to justify putting any politician ahead of John Wayne Gacy. Or Robert Alton Harris. I can't see it myself.

Right now, at this moment, I've got that letter to Grandma to write. I've got the extended version of the Lord of the Rings to enjoy in its entirety. The long blog entry I started December 5th keeps peeping in its cage.

I could either blog a series of brief reactions to current events, if I have them, or try knocking out long coherent treatises on You Psychohistorian Rats Hijacked My Party And Ran It Off A Cliff, which is the theme of that lengthy post. I can't do those more than once a month.

Or I could blog about blogging. Meta-blog. Hey, that's how Hugh keeps his running!

No comments: