Saturday, October 14, 2006

Strange

Blogger seems to have dropped a post or two this month.

It's been really sporadic blogging for me, since I'm supposed to be studying for the paralegal courses.

Republicans seem dispirited heading into November. Amazing to me how many smart and experienced people thought ordinary Republicans would not give a damn how well government worked. Running to win a majority of both chambers of Congress on purely negative arguments was supposed to motivate the American people? I warned about this two years ago. If we could be suckered into complacency, we'd have become Clinton Democrats long ago.

The truly sad thing for America is that I believe the Republicans will pull it off, and then we'll have to limp towards the real beating in 2008, when we can lose the Triple Crown of House, Senate, and White House.

That's not what I want. What I want is for my party to develop a real commitment towards effectively governing the United States...without immediately promoting a phony sense of angst about the metaphysical uncertainty of Truth. Try reading your campaign literature from 2000 and 2002 and 2004, and use that as a guide.

Iraq continues to roil and boil. The defeatists in the press continue to ignore the fact that our guys are bringing the fight to the enemy, or that Ramadan is usually a time of greater violence. Instead they are shocked, shocked that US casualties are up. It must mean we've lost the war!

Dear Sweet Jesus, deliver us from ourselves.

No comments: