Sunday, October 12, 2008

Another Victim of the Bush Economy

I got hired!

Temp to hire, possibly.

So now I am a paralegal: a person who holds himself or herself
out to be a paralegal, who is qualified by education, training, or
work experience, who either contracts with or is employed by an
attorney, law firm, corporation, governmental agency, or other
entity, and who performs substantial legal work under the direction
and supervision of an active member of the State Bar of California,
as defined in Section 6060, or an attorney practicing law in the
federal courts of this state, that has been specifically delegated by
the attorney to him or her.


I'm very glad I landed. Already from a week's work, I see how valuable experience is in this profession.

This is a lifetime career for me; that is, I expect to work at it until I drop. My retirement plan is not to retire. I firmly believe, as even Republicans insist the federal government is the guarantor of failed enterprise and can pick the winners and losers in the economy wisely, that my generation will not be allowed to enjoy sufficient wealth to stop working. That 401(k) will not be left tax-free for your enjoyment. It just won't.

No comments: